Good Shepherd Preschool provides a Christian environment with highly experienced and caring staff who truly care about your child. Our preschool offers a perfect balance of learning and play so children are ready for Kindergarten.
For Children- to provide a loving and safe environment with a Christ-centered educational experience. Children will have an opportunity to:
- Grow in faith, love for and knowledge of Jesus
- Develop a healthy self-cooncept
- Practice playing with friends and solving conflicts
- Develop confidence as a learner and a friend
- Run, jump, and play to develop large muscle coordination
- Imagine, invent, and take chances in a safe and caring environment
- Learn to follow directions and complete tasks
- Listen to stories, songs, and rhymes that help your child learn about reading, writing, and math
- Learn colors, shapes, numbers, letters, and letter sounds
- Learn that school is fun!
For Parents- preschool is the bridge between infancy and elementary education. Parents will have an opportunity to:
- Develop realistic, age appropriate expectations and goals for their children
- Clarify values and explore methods of child guidance
- Experience parent involvement through various forms to support your child’s growth and learning
- Strengthen family-school partnerships and communication
GSP works with Owatonna Public Schools to ensure students are kindergarten ready, recommend and initiate Early Childhood Special Education referrals as needed, follow established Individualized Educational Plans as needed (speech, behavioral, academic), encourage Early Childhood Screening and pass along important information to families from the school district.
- Fall Family Day
- Winter PJ party
- Field Trips
- Special Visitors
- Muffins with Mom/Donuts with Dad Days
- Community Service Projects
Preschool classes are available for 3, 4 and 5 year old children.
A Pre-K class is also available for older 4 year old and 5 year old students.